Sunday, November 29, 2009

IE Flash 9.ocx Error: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close?

I have been having a problem with Internet Explorer crashing due to Adobe Flash Player, as I know many people have been having the same problem, when IE pops up a gray box telling me that,



"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." The error message details were: Flash 9.ocx



I uninstalled Flash Player and vowed never to reinstall it again. That lasted a week, as I could no longer view YouTube videos without Flash Player.



I reinstalled Flash Player, hoping that maybe it wouldn't happen again.



It happened again... and again.



I searched the internet for a solution, as I had done so in the past.



I came across an article (which I can not find again) that suggested the trouble was not the Flash Player, itself, but the that it is the History files that are kept in my IE Browser.



I thought, "Really"?



So, I tried the solution and it worked:



When IE is open,



click on Tools, then



Click on, Delete Browser History.



Then, choose your options after that.



IE Flash 9.ocx Error: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close?microsoft updates





http://www.firefox.com



Alternative browser to Internet Explorer.



What version of IE are you using? if your not using version 7 i would upgrade from the microsoft web site or windows automatic updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting