Friday, November 27, 2009

IE will not open when using YIM?

I had this problem with YIM 7 so I just upgraded to 8 to see if it would fix the problem. When I click on mail from the messenger window, it prompts me whther I want to be logged in automatically or not. I click yes, but IE (my default browser) does not open and I get no e-mail page. Also, when I click to play launchcast, I do not get any sound, or any errors. I've tried turning off my firewall with the same results. It is as if the appropriate registry values are not set for messenger to launch IE. Has anyone fixed this type of problem?



IE will not open when using YIM?ds browser





Uninstall Yahoo Instant Messenger, upgrade your browser to IE 7 (or better, Mozilla) and reinstall the latest version.



If that doesn't work, you may have to go to run--%26gt;msconfig to get to the registry to take a look. It's a messy thing though, you should back up the reg before working on it.



Or you want to take the time: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messeng...



has troubleshooting questions

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting