Sunday, November 29, 2009

IE 6 Freezing up on me when I try to search the internet with it, so what should I do?

I was working on a friends computer and she told me to uninstall IE 7 so that she can use IE 6. Well once I did that, whenever I tried to pull up IE 6 and click on a link or go to a website like msn.com, internet explorer would pop open another window and just completely freeze up. Its IE itself thats freezing up, not the computer. So in order to shut down IE I have to go into the Task Manager and shut it down from there. I ran numerous spyware and anti-virus scans on it to see if thats the problem, but the scans all showed that IE was functioning normally with no trace of a virus or spyware on it. I went to support.microsoft.com to see if they had some suggestions in their knowledge base but none of their solutions worked. So I was wondering if you all had any suggestions or clues as to what I should do next? And she doesn't want to use another browser, only Internet Explorer 6.



IE 6 Freezing up on me when I try to search the internet with it, so what should I do?internet explorer 7





go to yahoo search. Tipe this: download CCleaner, then download this program . then when you get in the program delete all the cookies , all what you don't need. That will make your IE more faster. Or download SpyBot_ Serch %26amp; Detroy. It's very god too. Sorry my english.



Well i hope you well need my infos.



IE 6 Freezing up on me when I try to search the internet with it, so what should I do?microsoft word internet explorer



It sounds like IE 6 is corrupted. I would go to your start menu, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, and see if you can find IE and repair it.
Well if you uninstall a program there is still registry left. Run a registry cleaner and restart PC if it still freezes up Uninstall IE and delete the folder in Program files. Clean Registry and Install NEW IE6 should work fine



here is a link to download IE 6



http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...
Use Firefox instead. ~
IE sucks



download Mozilla Firefox



http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Try installing IE7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting