Friday, November 27, 2009

How do I get IE 6.0.2900 to open a window in the same page?

For example, if I do a search in Yahoo and click on one of the resulting links, it ALWAYS opens the link in a new window. I want IE to use the existing window.



Also, this is on a work computer, so I am stuck using IE 6.0.2900 xxxxx (ie. whatever the version is that came on the machine, that is what I must use).



Also, in Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, the box "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" is already checked.



Thanks!



How do I get IE 6.0.2900 to open a window in the same page?ireland





I think you're wanting to link to open in your current window, instead of a new tab and/or window. To do this, make sure that this option is activated. IF NOT ~ try rt-clicking the link and selecting "open." Most SHOULD open in the current window, but remember, a lot of sites have coded for their pages to open in a new window so that you don't lose the original site you were on.



Hope it helps in some way.



How do I get IE 6.0.2900 to open a window in the same page?microsoft outlook internet explorerGlad it works! Who knows about these things LOL you'd be suprised how quirky a program is even though it's been written to do CERTAIN things at a CERTAIN time hee hee Report It


it should have tabs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting