Friday, November 27, 2009

How can I STOP IE updates everytime my computer is turn on?

I have tried and tired to use IE 7.0, but it simply will NOT perform correctly when installed so I went back to IE 6.0. Everytime I turn on my computer there is an UPDATE REMINDER about IE 7.0. How can I stop this reminder?



Thanks so much



How can I STOP IE updates everytime my computer is turn on?microsoft word 2003





goto control panel and then system disable automatic updates



How can I STOP IE updates everytime my computer is turn on?internet explorer 6 internet explorer



.



Open the reminder... and When you tell it that you DO NOT want the update



the last prompt gives you the option



to not be reminded of this in the future.



Then you'll only get it once a month...



but I can almost guarantee that MS will never stop offering IE7 to users.



IF YOU DON'T WANT IE7



(and I don't blame you)



TURN OFF the "automatic" part of updates;



or it will get "automatically" downloaded to your system.



RIGHT click MyComputer %26gt; left click PROPERTIES %26gt;



click tab Automatic Updates



Select option:



"Notify me but don't automatically install or download them"



THEN when you get a notification



ALWAYS select CUSTOM



because then you get the options to CHECK the downloads you do want



and UNcheck the downloads you do NOT want



...



and there again, the last prompt gives you the option to NOT be reminded later about the unchecked downloads.



h2h

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting