I did virus scan and spybot but IE is still getting stupid pop ups from some type of SPYware adware w/e what can i do to see what program is using IE
I have IE, and i did a virus scanner (mcafee) and spybot S%26amp;D and i removed virus?internet explorer update
Donwload the free version of Superantispyware. This program finds spyware missed by all others and is low on resources. I use the free version myself.
I have IE, and i did a virus scanner (mcafee) and spybot S%26amp;D and i removed virus?web browser internet explorer
OK, there are several things you need to do:
1) turn off System Restore. You do this by going to Accessories..System Tools..System Restore. Turn this off--it's most often not needed and is a place where viruses hide.
2) go to www.grisoft.com and download their AVG anti-virus package. After installation, make sure you have it updated with the most current definitions.
3) I assume you're running Windows XP. Turn off your computer and re-start it in safe mode (which you do by repeatedly pressing either F5 or F8 just after you turn the power back on--you'll get a menu asking you how you want to start up). Once you've booted into safe mode, run the AVG software. This is a *very* aggressive software package and can remove just about anything.
4) Reboot your computer normally. If you're still having problems, continue with the following:
5) Go to
and download HiJackThis. Run the program, which will create a log file. Go to
and post your HiJackThis log. You will get an extremely rapid, very precise answer as to whether or not you still have any infections and, if so, exactly what to do.
6) After everything is all cleaned up I recommend installing SpyBot (it's free; just make sure to keep it updated):
and SpywareTerminator (also free):
I guess there is no single fully loaded security program that will take care of all current security problems all by itself.
You may need a combination of them or choose the best one to secure your computer.
Install the free AVG anti virus from www.grisoft.com
Or, the free Avira Antivir PE Classic from www.free-av.com
Or, Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition
Or, Free Anti-Virus Protection - Active Virus Shield
Or, do a free online virus scan and clean on www.antivirus.com
The above will take care of your virus problems. Additionally, you may want to install the latest Yahoo toolbar with anti spy button that clean spy which steals your information. Get it from http://downloads.yahoo.com/
Perform System Restore, if it happened a week ago or earlier
Click on Start
Click on All Programs
Click on Accessories
Click on System Tools
Click on System Restore
Restore the computer to an earlier date.
If it doesn't work
Use the following tools
-- follow the instructions there
if it still won't work the next step is manual removal. you can call Microsoft PCSafety 1-866-727-2338. They are free support. Tell them your done running the tools above so that they can proceed with manual removal of smitfraud. Hope it works :)