Sunday, November 29, 2009

Javascript Debugging Possible in IE?

Is there a reliable solution for performing javascript debugging within IE? I'm now used to the brilliant modern solutions within Firefox (ie. Firebug) and so it comes as a great frustration when having to debug the endless IE specific problems. I've tried the VS .NET 2003 debug process on Iexplore.exe but I'd say 99% of the time the technique fails, that is the "Running Documents" tab is never filled with the running javascript files currently in the browser and so I am unable to insert breaks to begin debugging within IE. I've also tried the "debugger" keyword but again IE doesnt acknowledge it. Guesisng where the code will fork to and inserting ALERT statements are killing me.



I'm just looking for a reliable approach to debugging JS issues within IE. VS.NET process debugging more often then not doesnt work and this is just wasting time.



Thanks for any solution.



Javascript Debugging Possible in IE?internet browser





2 things that will help you with script debugging



From within internet explorer: Tool -%26gt; Internet Options -%26gt; Advanced Tab -%26gt; In the browsing section make sure that 'Disable script debugging' is UNCHECKED and 'Display notification about every script error' is CHECKED.



Not as elegant as Moz but workable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting