Sunday, November 29, 2009

I tried to uninstall IE 7. It won't let me. Using Add/Remove Programs as suggested does nothing

My computer says I already uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 yet it still operates. I tried all the tricks to revert to IE 6 to no avail - none of the tips or answers work. I thought I'd just use another browser so I installed Firefox with no problems; however, my system won't open it. I don't know what to do because I hate IE 7 but seem to be stuck using it. It won't even allow me to go into the Internet Options toolbar so change settings or anything. My computer is totally screwed up because or IE 7. I need serious help.



I tried to uninstall IE 7. It won't let me. Using Add/Remove Programs as suggested does nothing?microsoft publisher





if firefox doesnt work maybe you could try and see if Opera works on your pc.



I tried to uninstall IE 7. It won't let me. Using Add/Remove Programs as suggested does nothing?microsoft live internet explorer



To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP



Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."



Click "Add or Remove Programs."



Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.



Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove."



Uninstall that,restart your PC and you are on IE6
I am having the same problem, I did go the the Microsoft website and looked around to see if there was a roll back to IE 6. Unfortunately we may be stuck using it. What message do you get when you try to open fire fox. I have that but haven't had any issues. Email me with any messages or error codes.
See if this tweak helps you with using IE7.



http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/ie7-men...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting